Engineering - Christchurch - City
We are recruiting for Structural Engineers to work for an engineering companies on a fixed term basis to work in Christchurch, Queenstown and Wellington, New Zealand. The work will involve infrastructure and heavy civil works on projects ranging from $10 – 100m in value.
The company you will be working for is an international company with regional branches throughout New Zealand. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that includes major infrastructure projects, building works, heavy civils, and road construction. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Structural Engineer who is looking to increase their career potential and work for a company who specialises in providing high quality services to their clients.
As the Structural Engineer, you can expect to:
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, specifications and related documentation for civil and structural engineering work
- Prepare professional documentation suitable for submission for Building Consent. The documents will reference engineering calculations and include sketches that support the engineering design work
- Carry out structural engineering analysis using computer analysis techniques backed up by hand calculations
- Review the work of other engineers
- Carry out site inspections and prepare reports
- Manage projects under the supervision of the Project Director
- Assist with the monitoring of project costs and project scope of works
- Strong service delivery to all clients (internal and external)
To be considered for the role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Relevant engineering degree is required, CPEng or working towards CPEng
- Proven experience within building/engineering sector in a similar role
- Seismic design and assessment capability and experience
- Competent user of ETABS and Strand7 or similar 3d finite element analysis package
- 'Self motivated' with good communication skills
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
Are you looking for a change in your structural engineering career and wish to expand your civil and construction knowledge in New Zealand? If so please apply below!