Engineering - Christchurch - City
We are recruiting for a Project Manager to work for a mid tier contractor on a permanent basis through out the North and South Islands of New Zealand. The work will involve being a part of a team delivering a range of civil projects with values ranging from $1m - $20m.
The company you will be working for is a local construction company who specialise in civil, earthworks, drainage, infrastructure, land development and road works.
For this position, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Co-ordinate and manage a team of engineers and tradesmen on civil engineering projects
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to obtain information and calculate costs
- Participate in tender reviews with senior management
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- You will have a tertiary qualification in Engineering (or similar), be a strong communicator and leader with significant experience in the civil engineering and construction industry
- Previous experience working as a Project Manager, PM, Operations Manager, Agent within a building environment.
- Experience pricing construction projects, preferably building works up to $20m.
- Strong financial and project management principles
- Previous bid management experience will be an advantage
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, and a great work life balance.
Are you looking for a change in your career and wish to expand your civil engineering and construction knowledge? If so please apply below!