Engineering - Queenstown Lakes
We are recruiting for a Site Engineer to work for a mid tier contractor on a permanent basis throughout the North and South Islands of New Zealand. The work will involve being a part of a team delivering a range of road maintenance and civil contracts within the district.
The company you will be working for is a national construction company with branches across the whole of NZ. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that covers road maintenance, heavy civils and infrastructure and have a number of projects in the pipeline.
The requirements of this role include;
- Ensuring the coordination and control of engineering works through activities of technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement and quality control.
- Ensuring works are performed in compliance with the requirements of the relevant specifications, codes and standards;
- Implementing the inspection and test requirements of the Project Execution Plan;
- Interpreting engineering documents and drawings for field personnel;
- Participating in bid evaluation of field subcontracts;
- Providing general technical assistance to supervisory staff
The successful candidate will have the below;
- Hold a construction related Degree or Diploma
- Proven experience working in the construction industry, preferably within civils
- Competence in planning and organising work schedules
- Working knowledge of NZ HS&E requirements
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
Are you looking for a change in your engineering career and wish to expand your civil and construction knowledge in New Zealand? If so please apply below!