Foreman - Road Maintenance
Construction - Christchurch - City
We are recruiting for a Foreman or Team Leader to work for a market leading main contractor in Queenstown, New Zealand. The work will involve road maintenance and civil works on projects ranging from $10 – 100m in value.
The company you will be working for is a national construction company with offices across the whole of NZ. They are a market leader in engineering and infrastructure services, and understand and recognise the contribution employees make to the growth of the company. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that includes major infrastructure projects, heavy civils, and road construction. This company is fantastic to work for and have number of major projects in the pipeline.
This role will include responsibilities such as;
- On-site management and supervision of a crews
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling the activities and operations of road maintenance works
- Quality inspection, data collection and assisting with claiming of work
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Proven road maintenance or civils experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Strong problem solving skills & initiative
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
- Strong Zero Harm and health and safety focus
This is an outstanding company to work for where you will be rewarded for your hard work. On offer is a supportive team environment and excellent prospects for career growth, competitive salary and package and a great work life balance.
Are you an experienced and practical thinking road maintenance team leader or foreperson looking for your next challenge? If so please apply below!