Construction - Christchurch - City
We are recruiting for a Site Manager to work for a top tier contractor on a permanent basis, throughout the North and South Islands of New Zealand! The work will involve being a part of a team delivering a range of civil projects with values ranging from $1m to $20m.
The company you will be working for is a national construction company with regional branches across the whole of New Zealand. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that includes major infrastructure projects, building works, heavy civils, and road construction. This is a fantastic company to work for and have a number of major projects in the pipeline.
For this position, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Leading, supporting and assisting a group of carpenters/apprentice carpenters to ensure well executed projects.
- Lead Tool Box meetings and have oversight of quality of work carried out to minimize rework.
- Complete time sheets daily to ensure your team are paid.
- Provide direction, co-ordination, execution, control and completion of specific work ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships that establish credibility and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Proven ability to contribute to the delivery of a profit to the business
- Previously worked as a Site Manager, Contract Manager, Building Manager Supervisor in a civils environment
- Negotiation skills with the ability to define and articulate information, concepts and influence people and manage conflicting interests
- Experience with Microsoft outlook, word, excel and project
- Adaptability in responding to different ideas, situations and people
- Understanding of Zero Harm in the work place
- Current Drivers Licence
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
If you are looking for a change and to further your career in civil and construction, please apply now!