We are recruiting for a Project Engineer with a civils background to work for a mid tier contractor on a permanent basis in throughout the North and South Islands of New Zealand. The projects will involve the reconstruction of roads, drainage, sub divisions and some structures with values up to $50m.
The company you will be working for is a regional construction company with a strong reputation within the area. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that includes major infrastructure projects, heavy civils, and road construction. This is a fantastic company to work for and have a number of major projects in the pipeline.
For this position, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Manage the sub contractors on the section of works you are assigned
- Manage and mentor both direct and contract project staff
- Liaise consistently with the client and stakeholders and your Project Manager
- Write method statements, risk assessments and work package plans
- Planning weekly and monthly programmes in accordance to projects budget and deadlines
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Previously worked as a Site or Project Engineer, Project Administrator, Section Engineer, Sub Agent.
- Civils, roads, earthworks or drainage experience
- Have experience and competent in quality assurance and writing method statements and risk assessments
- Completed construction related Degree or Diploma
- Hold a valid site safety certificate
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
Are you looking for a change in your engineering career and wish to expand your civil and construction knowledge in New Zealand? If so please apply below!