Construction - Queenstown Lakes
We are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work for a top tier contractor on a permanent basis, throughout the North and South Islands of New Zealand.The work will involve being a part of a team delivering a range of commercial building projects with values ranging from $1m to $20m.
The company you will be working for is a national construction company with regional branches across the whole of New Zealand. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that includes major infrastructure projects, commercial new builds, fit out, design, and renovation. This is a fantastic company to work for and have a number of major projects in the pipeline.
For this position, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Use of first principles to develop accurate estimates for building projects and compensation events ranging from $1m - $20m.
- Ensure commercial control and contract administration of projects assigned to you.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Weekly and monthly cost and value reporting.
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to obtain information and calculate costs.
- Participate in tender reviews with senior management.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- You will be degree (or equivalent) qualified in commercial management or Engineering.
- Proven experience working as a Quantity Surveyor, QS, Estimator, Project Controls Engineer, or Contract Administrator.
- Experience pricing and managing construction projects, preferably building works.
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
Are you looking for a change in your commercial career and wish to expand your building and construction knowledge? If so please apply below!