Construction - Queenstown Lakes
We are recruiting for a Project Manager to work for a top tier contractor on a permanent basis, throughout the North and South Islands of New Zealand. The work will involve being a part of a team delivering a range of commercial building projects with values ranging from $1m to $20m.
The company you will be working for is a national construction company with regional branches in Auckland, Canterbury, Southern Lakes and Otago. They have an extensive and diverse portfolio that covers commercial new builds, fit out, design, and renovation. No matter the size or complexity of the project they are known for delivering their projects to the highest of standards and honouring clients budget and architectural vision.
For this position, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Co-ordinate and manage a team of engineers and tradesmen on commercial and fit out building sites
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to obtain information and calculate costs
- Participate in tender reviews with senior management
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- You will have a tertiary qualification in Engineering (or similar), be a strong communicator and leader with significant experience in the building and construction sector
- Previous experience working as a Project Manager, PM, Operations Manager, Agent within a building environment.
- Experience pricing construction projects, preferably building works up to $20m.
- Strong financial and project management principles
- Previous bid management experience will be an advantage.
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary and package, ongoing training, potential relocation, and a great work life balance.
Are you looking for a change in your career and wish to expand your building and construction knowledge? If so please apply below!