A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Rehab Enterprises offers dynamic business solutions to companies and commercial organisations in areas spanning logistics, information destruction, recycling and packaging. It delivers multimillion-euro support contracts to many leading organisations in Ireland and Poland and its operations are independently assessed and certified to European and industry standards and resourced to deliver world-class performance. As Ireland's largest single employer of people with disabilities, Rehab Enterprises provides integrated employment opportunities, with more than half of its 386-strong workforce having a disability.
Permanent Contract, 39 hours
The purpose of the role will be to assist in the production of fabric based goods, ensuring a high level of safe work practices along with health & safety practices are followed.
Minimum Education & Skills required
· Professional sewing in qualification/certification
- Previous experience in a sewing environment – using relevant sewing machines, irons and other electronic tools used in the production of fabric goods
- Previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing / production environment
- Previous experience of working in the field of disability or experience of working with marginalized groups is desirable but not essential
- Ability to operate machinery to required high standard
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform a variety of operations to assist with the production of products associated to the production line, ensuring daily targets are met on time
· Liaise with Production Supervisor and Business Manager in relation to the planning, design, cutting and assembly of samples for new and existing customers
· Supervise the layout of fabric and operation of electronic cutting knives to cut assorted materials when required.
· Ensure safety checks are completed on site when required and in line with the Rehab Group Safety Statement. This will include twice-daily checks of the sewing machines to ensure that maintenance issues are identified and reported in a timely manner. Adhere to safe working practices and contribute to the creation and maintenance of a healthy, safe working environment
· Assist Production Supervisor in the production area in relation to workflows and quality control – providing support and assistance to staff when required in undertaking daily tasks. Assist in the completion of stock control checks.
· Experience in producing fabric based goods in a busy production environment
- High level of dexterity, attention to detail and hand/eye co-ordination
- Ability to follow instruction and perform repetitive tasks
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 21 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
Closing Date: 29.03.2201
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer