Automation & Projects Engineer
Element Six, part of De Beers Group of Companies, is the world’s leading synthetic diamond and super - materials producer. An industry leader, the company has been operating for over 70 years. We are recognized as operating at the forefront of our industry. The materials we manufacture are classed as advanced engineering materials. Today synthetic diamond is widely used across industries and markets around the world; from playing a vital role in the production of next generation automotive engines, to powering high-speed digital telecommunications equipment, the synthetic diamond and related materials we design and manufacture impact all of our lives.
- As an Automation Engineer at Element Six you will be supporting the plant that supports the equipment and the management reporting systems. You will be a key member of the local team, but also part of a group-wide structure supporting projects at other facilities.
- You will take an active role in the early specification of equipment to ensure that the reliability, redundancy and system integration are correct from the onset.
- An essential aspect of this role is that you keep yourself informed of the latest technology, to ensure that Element Six is one-step ahead of our competition, in terms of having the right information, in the appropriate format, at the right time, so that we can all make the finest decision at the earliest opportunity.
- Support commissioning, calibration, maintenance and validation of existing control systems inclusive of drives, wiring, power thyristors, power measurement, and control panels of these systems.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Software development on PLC control systems
- Development of production dashboards
- Process data interpretation and presentation of key parameters
- Machine and process automation
- Maintain 'Historian' database
- Provide technical support for site control systems
- Assist with the implementation of manufacturing systems
- Contractor management
- Ensure system documentation is maintained up to date
- Provide technical support and advice to the on-site maintenance teams
Location:Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland (Munster) - Limerick / Galway / Clare
Salary:Negotiable, dependent on experience
Benefits:Bonus, Healthcare, Pension, Share Options, Parking, Subsidised Canteen, Educational Assistance, Career Progression