Due to continued success of our client, PlaceMe Recruitment seek a Galway based Automation Engineer to join their pre-existing teams servicing some of the Pharmaceutical companies into the West of Ireland
Duties will include:
- Specification of PLC and HMI hardware for projects and development of Network Architectures.
- Network set-up for various communication protocols.
- Writing of PLC & HMI test programmes for factory acceptance testing (FAT) of control panels.
- Writing of PLC & HMI code for entire water treatment, waste water treatment and pumping stations based on control philosophies provided.
- Implementation of code on-site, code proving/demonstration and de-bugging as necessary.
- Revision control and back-up for all PLC/HMI programmes developed.
- Variable speed drive and intelligent starter configuration and set-up.
- Remote telemetry systems including radio, wireless ethernet and 3G/4G secure connections.
- Setting up of instrumentation and scaling of instruments back to main control system.
- Troubleshooting of equipment, instrumentation and processes.
- Working with Process Engineers on process optimisation and continuous improvement to the water/waste water treatment plant.
- Working with design teams in the application of process and control solutions.
- Liaising between site engineering and management staff.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Applicable Automation/PLC Qualification.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in the Pharmaceutical Sector.
- Good working and process knowledge of the water and waste water sector.
- Excellent working knowledge of PLC and HMI software applications, experience in Schneider, Unitronics and Allen Bradley hardware preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of communication network systems including Ethernet, Modbus and Profibus.
- We would consider a Candidate with a strong Electrical/Mechanical trade with a certified PLC training course in Allen Bradley or Siemens.
- 2-3 years’ experience in fast paced manufacturing environment, with experience of online troubleshooting systems.
- Ideally candidates will be comfortable with pneumatic and electrical systems and drawings.
- Industrial Network (Ethernet, Profibus, DeviceNet, Serial etc) knowledge is required.
- Excellent knowledge of SCADA systems, experience in Ignition by inductive Automation desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Full, clean driving license
Please note this is a shift role. Options are:
- Evening Shift (B Shift) 16:00 – 0:00
- Night Shift (C Shift) 0:00 – 08:00
Benefits include shift allowance
Contact Richie on 087 9404148 or on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details