Required Skills and Experience
- AWS: 4+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- AWS Specialist in AWS build, Administration and Operation requiring network knowledge, Cloud Formation and practical knowledge of AWS implementation.
- Some qualification that would be considered: Terraform, AWS Architect Associate, or AWS SysOps Associate certification
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps engineer, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Perl, Powershell, Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Sensu).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN, bitbucket and Clearcase.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
Roles and responsibilities
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing Devops tools, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release and configuration management
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 2 or 7 years of experience in an IT
- Demonstrated expertise in application packaging & scripting
- Ability to work autonomously (self-managing, self-governing)
- Critical thinker with good judgment and initiative
- Excellent English (written, oral and presentation skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.