A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
South Kerry/West Cork Region
Fixed Term Contract 3 months, 15 hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease
Minimum Education & Skills required
· QQI Level 5 in Health Care
· Work Experience not essential but would be an advantage
· Understand the principles of care and how to put them into practice.
· Understand the importance of confidentiality, including what should be kept confidential and what should not be.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
· Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
· Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
· Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
· Full Clean Driving Licence
· To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
· To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
· To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 27 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Sunday, 3rd January 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer