A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Knocklofty Residential Sevice,
Clonmel, Co Tipperary
Fixed Term contract- 3 months, 15 Hours
To facilitate a client centred residential service to adults with disabilities & complex health needs that include, Epilepsy, Intellectual Disability and Physical & Sensory disabilities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
· Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
· Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management.
· Experience of supporting people with disabilities in a person focused approach to service delivery
· Experience of facilitation, implementation and review of Support/Care Plans
· Experience of working within a HIQA registered service
· Candidates should have a good understanding of Positive Risk Management, Person Centred Planning, Key Worker Duties
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users
· Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
· Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice
· Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- This role requires the job holder to:
- Full Driving Licence
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Team orientated
- Positive, can-do attitude
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 27 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th April 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer