- As a driver, ensure transport of persons and property (mail, equipment, goods, luggage) in a proactive and timely manner in accordance with local driving regulations. To this end, identify and prepare the best routes taking into account traffic, weather conditions etc. Collect or drive personnel and visitors to and from airport, meetings (including outside of usual working hours on certain occasions). Taking care of necessary formalities, such as toll payment, etc.
- As an operative in charge of vehicle, maintenance, ensure the proper maintenance of vehicles and their repair where needed in a proactive way. To this end bring vehicles to the garage for checking and maintenance. Ensure that vehicles are clean inside and outside. Undertake administrative steps to ensure compliance with registration, insurance and driving tax requirements, etc.
- As a technical and logistics support operative may be called upon to implement certain technical and logistical works such as small repairs, maintenance, installation, supplies. To this end, carry out small works (replacing light bulbs, small painting jobs, packaging, flags, etc.). Help moving material (ability to lift a weight of 20 kg). Manage urgent shopping requests. Manage supplies of office material. Prepare and check material for meetings.
- As an administrative support operative, implement administrative tasks as instructed by management. To this end, may be required to make photocopies, scan documents, sort paperwork. Answer and transfer phone calls, provide basic information to the public. Sort and collect incoming and outgoing mail, check invoices. Whenever possible, help prepare meeting rooms. Search for information, documents. Manage insurance files for diplomatic vehicles. Follow-up of maintenance/replacement of appliances. Verify and transport lodgments of postal orders/bank drafts to the bank.
Required level of training and experience:
- Secondary education certificate, Leaving certificate or equivalent.
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken). Basis knowledge of Hindi or other Indian languages is an advantage.
- Experience in administrative tasks and service to customers is an advantage.
Required behavioural skills:
- Should be happy to help and share in order to contribute to a positive team spirit. Give priority to the needs of users (internal and external).
- Offer fast, proactive and reliable service.
- Be respectful towards colleagues and the public/visitors. Show respect for colleagues and other persons and guests.
- Strictly respect the confidentiality and integrity of the work of the Embassy in all its aspects.
- Adopt a flexible attitude and adapt to changes in all situations.
Required knowledge and technical skills:
- Full, clean driving license for a minimum of three years + Driver experience for a minimum of two years in the Dublin area.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Calendar + confident in using Word.
- Good communication skills when answering the phone and giving information to the public (in the office).
Only shortlisted candidates would be required to attend the interview at the above address.