A commitment to living the organizational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehab care, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Community Support Worker
Phoenix Resource Centre
Bray, Co Wicklow.
Fixed Term Contract – 12 months, 39 hours
The purpose of the job is to promote and support independent living and community integration personal development and work opportunities for service users. To assist the Community Services Manager in the development, implementation and delivery of quality customer focused and cost effective community services to service users at an appropriate time and setting. This includes the provision of individual programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users, and an active contribution towards the involvement of RehabCare in the expansion of this service.
Minimum Education & Skills required
· QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
· Essential: A minimum of one years’ experience working in the field of disability .
· Previous experience of working in the Community
· Experience of working 1:1 in the community
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community ensuring best practice in line with up to date research regarding improving people Quality of Life.
· To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
· To enshrine the concept of independent living by supporting service users to integrate in to their local community and access local resources.
· Full clean driving license is desirable
· A flexible person centered system will operate
· Lone Working
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 27 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Monday, 11th January 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer