Due to Regional Expansion Energy Management International are now requires a number of County Mentor Manages for Boarder counties and the west of Ireland
The successful candidate will be responsible for acting on our behalf at county level to fulfil support functions to Sustainable Energy Communities, particularly in the guidance of new Sustainable Energy Communities to our network.
The successful candidate should be well connected in their assigned region and be familiar with challenges and opportunities presented in Sustainable Energy community groups and must have experience working within sustainable energy projects
The successful candidate will be responsible for Co-Ordinating Activities in each area, Including
• Identification and tracking of community level interest in the Sustainable Energy Community programme and engaging new community organisations to join the Sustainable Energy Community Network
• Providing local support to communities in the delivery of their community energy ambitions
• Providing information to Sustainable Energy Communities on available grant supports and other funding sources that may assist in the delivery of the Sustainable Energy Communities activities and identifying opportunities for the development of partnerships and integration with existing programmes in their region
• providing leadership to facilitate and share best practice between communities
• provision of trusted independent advice
County Mentor Managers Tasks
County mentors are responsible for co-ordinating activities in their area, including,
• day to day operational support to Sustainable Energy Communities in their county in the development of each Sustainable Energy Communities journey through the Learn Plan Do model
• Identification of training needs of Sustainable Energy Communities and coordinate the delivery of this training including the promotion of the event, coordination of speakers, stands, programme collateral, attendees and registration as appropriate
• Providing a short event report after such events
• Host regular information sessions on Sustainable Energy Communities activities such as ‘Joining the Network’, How to Develop an Energy Master Plan’, ‘Funding Options for Communities’ and any other appropriate events that may be needed from time to time.
• Representation at events hosted by others, to promote the various community energy supports and availability of grants etc,
• Tracking and monitoring the progress of each Sustainable Energy Community
• Identify Sustainable Energy Communities that are inactive and seek options to reactivate where appropriate
• Maintain excellent working relationships
• Identify opportunities for synergies with other local or national organisations to deepen the impact of the Sustainable Energy Communities Actions Engagement with other stakeholders in the alignment of programme requirements.