Desktop Support engineer@ Reigate, UK
Smartedge’s client is looking for Desktop Support engineer for Contract in Reigate, UK.
Candidate should be Experienced in migration of ~ 70 remote homeworker desktop PCs from Window 7 – 10.
· Solely manage the migration of ~ 70 remote homeworker desktop PCs from Window 7 – 10 to include imaging, testing, liaising with affected end users and delivery logistics.
· Other responsibilities:
· Diagnose and resolve a wide range of technical issues, focusing on end-user technologies and supporting platforms.
· Provide excellent customer service and be a first point of call for IT support queries from internal staff. This could be via the service desk platform, phone, email, Skype, or face-to-face.
· Administer the service desk and act upon requests for change and system access.
· Work on allocated project work with IT and Business colleagues, ensuring the company’s platforms are fit for purpose.
· Proactively monitor systems and take preventative measures to reduce system downtime along with providing possible trends from re-occurring incidents to senior team members.
· Update the internal knowledgebase with both technical guides for colleagues, and system usage procedures to aid customers.
· Work collaboratively with third party support services on diagnosing and troubleshooting issues.
· Adhere to all IT security policies and assistance in enforcing and monitoring of IT security policies.
· Understand the requirements of the business and suggest appropriate technologies to help deliver business goals.
· Perform as a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, working closely with other senior team members, and colleagues across the IT department in order to support all systems and technical processes.
· Strong 1st line technical help desk experience with proven track record of support.
· Basic 2nd line technical support experience.
· Excellent experience with Microsoft platforms with a focus on end-user technologies and client workstation support:
· Windows 7 to 10 migration experience in a business environment.
· Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
· Administration of Windows shared folders, roaming, and redirected user profiles.
· Knowledge of managing Apple iOS mobile devices in a business environment, using an MDM platform.
· Knowledge of procedural best practice in a help desk environment.
· Strong knowledge of Dell end-user business hardware.
Desirable knowledge, or willingness to learn:
· Application deployment using SCCM or similar technologies.
· Exposure to virtualised system management e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
· An understanding of networking and technologies, such as VPNs.
· Working within a change control environment and/or financial institution.
· Strong communication and customer service skillset is essential in order to effectively communicate to the business and understand their requirements and or issues.
· Ability to self-manage and prioritise workload.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
· Able to conduct research into issues and process failures as required.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergencies.
· Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Able and willing to work unsocial hours from time to time in order to provide the required service to our customers
Start Date: ASAP (notice period accepted for right candidate) We have been asked to schedule the discussions this week, please share your updated CV and call for confidential chat.