Smartedge’s client is looking for Desktop Support Engineer for Contract in Reigate, UK.
Candidate should be Experienced in manage the migration of ~ 70 remote home worker desktop PCs from Window 7 – 10 to include imaging, testing, liaising with affected end users and delivery logistics.
• Solely manage the migration of ~ 70 remote home worker desktop PCs from Window 7 – 10 to include imaging, testing, liaising with affected end users and delivery logistics.
• Diagnose and resolve a wide range of technical issues, focusing on end-user technologies and supporting platforms.
• Provide excellent customer service and be a first point of call for IT support queries from internal staff. This could be via the service desk platform, phone, email, Skype, or face-to-face.
• Administer the service desk and act upon requests for change and system access.
• Work on allocated project work with IT and Business colleagues, ensuring the company’s platforms are fit for purpose.
• Proactively monitor systems and take preventative measures to reduce system downtime along with providing possible trends from re-occurring incidents to senior team members.
• Update the internal knowledgebase with both technical guides for colleagues, and system usage procedures to aid customers.
• Work collaboratively with third party support services on diagnosing and troubleshooting issues.
• Adhere to all IT security policies and assistance in enforcing and monitoring of IT security policies.
• Understand the requirements of the business and suggest appropriate technologies to help deliver business goals.
• Perform as a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, working closely with other senior team members, and colleagues across the IT department in order to support all systems and technical processes.
• Strong 1st line technical help desk experience with proven track record of support.
• Basic 2nd line technical support experience.
• Excellent experience with Microsoft platforms with a focus on end-user technologies and client workstation support:
• Windows 7 to 10 migration experience in a business environment.
• Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
• Administration of Windows shared folders, roaming, and redirected user profiles.
• Knowledge of managing Apple iOS mobile devices in a business environment, using an MDM platform.
• Knowledge of procedural best practice in a help desk environment.
• Strong knowledge of Dell end-user business hardware.
Desirable knowledge, or willingness to learn:
• Application deployment using SCCM or similar technologies.
• Exposure to virtualised system management e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
• An understanding of networking and technologies, such as VPNs.
• Working within a change control environment and/or financial institution.
Start Date: ASAP (notice period accepted for right candidate)
We have been asked to schedule the discussions this week, please share your updated CV and call for confidential chat.