The Electrical Engineer will join a team of highly skilled equipment development engineers, in a collaborative and flexible environment. This is an exciting opportunity to advance your career in the electrical design of bespoke automated machinery. You will have the opportunity of working with leading edge automation technologies such as robotics, vision systems, control systems, sensors etc. You will be assigned a mentor to guide you through the learning process of selection and integration of these technologies, together with full electrical design of machine control systems, using state of the art Electrical Design CAD software. We invest in your training and development and provide the support and experience you need to help you fulfil your potential. The role contributes significantly to the continued success of Ward Automation.
- Design of mains & low voltage electrical schematics for custom automated equipment
- Design of panel layout drawings and machine field wiring architecture
- Design of machine safety circuits including Sistema calculations
- Design of fieldbus networks
- Selection of appropriate electrical components
- Working with design team to develop optimised design solutions
- Research and co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new control technologies
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist engineering build team to debug electrical issues.
- Responsible for ensuring project cost, quality and schedule objectives are achieved
- Design of electrical control systems using electrical CAD software. Eplan experience is a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with automated machine components including PLC’s, drives, servo/AC/DC motors, industrial sensors and pneumatics.
- Proficient in the use of software such as Eplan, Autocad and Microsoft office.
- Design of pneumatic schematics.
- Ability to understanding controls and functionality of each machine feature
- Design of pneumatic schematics
- Ability to prioritise tasks appropriately and manage time effectively
Qualified to Degree L7/L8 in an Electrical Discipline
1 to 4 years experience in electrical design, wiring and troubleshooting of automated equipment.
Strong technical aptitude and passion for working in technical design role
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org