Longford Gymnastics Club is looking for MAG and WAG level 1 coaches to join our team on a part-time basis. Applicants must have recognised and current gymnastics qualifications.
To offer a safe and energetic environment for participation in Longford Gymnastics Club, while working alongside other coaches to deliver a pre organised training program.
The list below is not all-encompassing responsibilities of the position and the Club may change these duties at any time.
- Coaches and instructs clients, individually or in group setting.
- Assists all clients in reaching their full potential focusing on following the club’s developed levels and workout plans.
- Adopts a fair and decent approach to coaching at all times.
- Prepares venue and equipment in line with operating standards making the safety of clients paramount.
- Upholds all LGC policies, procedures, standards and codes of conduct.
- Develops positive and energetic relationships with clients, coaches, parents and other staff.
- Actively takes care of the training facility and equipment, ensures that all areas are kept standard.
- Accomplish the functions designated by the senior staff/head coach for the advancement of pre-planned program and the ability of the club to meet its mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and physical ability to teach artistic gymnastics programs.
- Demonstrable ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to motivate and impress individuals and/or groups.
- The ability to engage with clients of all ages and create an enjoyable learning environment.
- A willingness to undertake additional duties aligned to the role and/or across the club.
- Ability to lift equipment and to spot children.
- Ability to work within a growing program and participate in collaborative activities.
- Artistic gymnastics coaching experience (WAG/MAG) on different apparatus, and physical preparation /conditioning.
- Level 1 gymnastics qualification (WAG/MAG) or equivalent desirable or higher.
- A good understanding of the Code of Points.
- Valid Safeguarding Children Certificate desirable.
- Valid Garda Vetting through Gymnastics Ireland desirable.
Job Location and Equipment Utilized
Duties are primarily performed at Longford Gymnastics Club during practice times in the afternoons, late evenings and weekends. May be required to attend meetings, workshops, help at events such as competitions and camps. This position works closely with others as well as independently.