Health and Safety Manager
Tralee, Co. Kerry, CO.KERRY
Health and Safety Manager
Tralee, Co. Kerry (with travel to our client’s sites)
With more than 30 years of innovation behind them, our client is a leading provider of sustainable, future-proof renewable energy solutions. They are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team in Tralee.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Up to 25 days’ holiday
- Make a difference as part of the organisation’s management team
If you are a results-driven HSE professional with excellent people management skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to drive the success of a leader in the renewable energy industry.
Our client believes that developing their people not only advances the individual, but the company as a whole. They offer a host of learning opportunities, including individual support through educational programs, to help you achieve your best.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will lead the H&S Team to ensure that Health and Safety policies and practices are developed and followed.
In this important role, you will manage change projects to build on and develop our client’s H&S culture and practices. You’ll continuously review and develop safe systems of work in compliance with HAS guidelines and industry best practice.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop and implement safety practices and systems across multiple sites and disciplines
- Work with representative bodies to promote our client as a leader in H&S
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues
- Carry out site inspections and audits
- Keep up-to-date with the latest legislation and standards
Other organisations may call this role H&S Manager, HSE Manager, SHE Manager, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, Multi-Site H&S Manager or Senior Health & Safety Officer.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Health and Safety Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
To be considered as the Health and Safety Manager, you will need:
- At least five years’ HSE experience, gained in a manufacturing, industrial and/or construction environment, ideally renewable energy
- Experience of implementing safety systems and programmes
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001 and/or ISO 14001
- People management skills
- A diploma level H&S qualification, ideally a degree
- A full, valid driving licence
- To be comfortable working at heights (due to the nature of the role)
The following certifications/qualifications would be beneficial: QQI Train the Trainer qualification, SOLAS Safe Pass, Work at Height / Rescue from Height Trainer certification or Competent Lifting Equipment & PPE Inspector certification.