GSE/HGV Technician -
Salary: £46,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 16:00
- On call pattern – Every 3rd week on call (£120 per week standby)
- £90 per call out
- OT is available.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to service, repair and maintain all types of Ground Service Equipment (GSE). You will perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all GSE and upload inspection findings and job details into the companies fleet management system and may be required to respond to out of hours service requests.
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance as per established schedules on all GSE.
- Respond to out of hours maintenance requests on all GSE.
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of GSE faults as required.
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drivetrain, brake, electric and hydraulic systems.
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment in accordance with the companies GSE branding policies.
- Remove or make safe unserviceable GSE and ensure GSE is not returned to service until any faults have been properly diagnosed and repaired.
- Respond to emergency service calls and accidents involving GSE.
- Operate and drive all types of GSE – motorised and non-motorised.
- Collect spares and materials required for GSE maintenance and repairs.
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment in accordance with PUWER Regulations.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to rigorously enforcing appropriate standards of Health and Safety, in order to ensure performance improves year on year.
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with airline, airport, CAA and business requirements.
- Comply with all airport authority, CAA, airline and security requirements.
- Keep GSE workshop and equipment clean and serviceable at all times, reporting any deficiencies to management.
- Fuel/de-fuel GSE as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Liaise with Operational Management, customers and staff in a professional manner.
- Attend and complete all training as required by the business. airport authorities, CAA, airlines and security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A good level of mechanical/electrical engineering experience as required.
- An accredited qualification in the functional area advertised is required.
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent).
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) skills and experience are desired.
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Ability to be available on-call on a rotating shift basis.
- Ability to speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available.
- Ability to follow company processes and procedures.
- Willingness to work in inclement weather.
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A full valid UK driving license.
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired.
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance programs, e.g. Maximo/IMS-Fleet Maintenance Pro is desired.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel when necessary for training or to assist other stations with GSE needs.
Why you will love working for the company:
- World's leading provider of ground and air cargo services active across the globe.
- Our roles are permanent on either a full or part-time basis.
- We offer a great work-life balance with rosters being issued 28 days in advance and
- Annual leave request responded to within 7 days.
- From day one you’ll receive free access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- You'll benefit from free car parking, uniform and PPE.
- Recommend a Friend scheme (£250 for successful appointments) open until 31 st March 23.
- We offer an industry leading induction and training programme.
- You’ll have access to on-going learning and development opportunities.
- A skills-based grading structure, which offers career development and progression.
- Being part of a great team.
- Airport specific retail discounts.
- and much more!
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Overalls supplied and cleaned
- All PPE
- Full valid driving license.