Hello Connections..!! Greetings from #SmartedgeSolutions. We have a job opportunity for # HP UNIX Migration Engineer based in "#Romania, 100% remote For #Contract
Role: HP UNIX Migration Engineer
Location: Romania, 100% remote.
Job Description – HP UX
Functions as a HP Unix/Linux migration SME during large scale data center migrations working across multifunctional/multi-platform teams. Will be a critical component in all phases including discovery, plan, migrate and troubleshoot post migration.
• HP UX proficient
• Candidate must have exposure to advanced topics such as:
• Service Guard clustering experience with HPUX
• Integrity hardware bl860c/bl870c i2,i4,i6
• Working with fiber channel SAN storage
• HPUX IVE virtualization
• Service Guard (clustering), Veritas CFS
• LVM and VxVM
• Expert in deploying automation configuration tools such as Chef, ansible and etc
• Expert in data center migration strategy and approach
• Working experience using migrations tools such as Platespin, Zerto, etc…
• Expert in High Availability concepts and configuration including failover/failback testing
• 8+ years of UNIX systems administration Experience, primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (versions 4 and 5)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Linux virtualization technologies (Xen, VMware ESX)
• Experience using Kickstart for server builds
• Experience with setting up Oracle RAC ASM environments on Linux systems
• Candidate should have good exposure in updating Servers firmware, BIOS and blade server’s hardware.
• Candidate should have good knowledge in Windows roles and features like AD, Group Policies, OU, FSMO, DNS, DHCP and file servers.
• Candidate should have good expertise in Windows Clustering implementation and troubleshooting of active-passive, single node/multi node clusters
• Candidate must have experience installing, Configuring, upgrading and Implementation of VMware Infrastructure.
• Candidate should have experience implementing of VMWare features like HA, DRS, Storage Policies, Affinity, Anti-Affinity Rules and Disk Provisioning.
• Candidate must have working experience performing VMWare V2V, P2V, vMotion, Storage vMotion, VM Site recovery and Cross VMware functionalities.
• Identifying & recommending cost-effective solutions and service optimization methods to enhance the productivity and reduce the manual efforts with the help of Scripting (PowerShell).
• Candidate should have practical experience in server migration tools and techniques such as Zerto, Double-Take, PlateSpin, Zerto, resync, ARS, SRM, etc.
• Candidate must have demonstrated strong post migration troubleshooting skills
• Candidate should have good knowledge of racking, iLO, iDRAC configuration, server OS Installation and Configuration on HP, Dell, IBM Servers.
• Basic understanding of Citrix, networking, databases, storage, security and monitoring systems.
• Strong communication skills in one on one discussions, conference calls, and emails.
• Business-fluent English is a must #Visa: #Novisasponsorship
Can reach me on #+44(0)2036038130.
Email me at # firstname.lastname@example.org