· Delivery of software components providing input into the estimation and planning process.
· Designing and developing software using agreed methodologies, processes and standards.
· Taking part in all stages of the test cycle, in partnership with colleagues from Digital Assurance and Productivity.
· Managing and rectifying software issues.
· Sharing technical knowledge with the rest of the team.
· Producing/maintaining relevant documentation.
· Assisting in the continuous improvement of development processes, methods and standards.
· Actively participate in management of the small change (development work 30 days or less) backlog.
· Actively participate in project work (sprints etc).
· Protect production environments.
Assist with escalated 3rd line support tickets/requests where development work is required.
· The following are critical criteria for this role:
· Data Engineering design skills, incorporating security and service considerations
· Experience in supporting system testers in delivering a good platform for testing
· Experience of delivering Data Pipelines on Hortonworks / Cloudera installations
· Experience in Python and Spark
· Data modelling
· Distributed computing
· An enthusiasm for learning new technologies and skills
· Detailed understanding in best practices for use of source control
· Linux skills
· Knowledge of industry wide analytical and visualisation tools
Should also have good communication skills, being able to have conversations with business users is a must for this role.
Experience of an agile delivery approach will be important.
Need to be an excellent teammate. Excellent problem solving skills will enable you tackle the complex challenges you will face.