· As a Platform and Service designers you will report to the core network evolution manager. You will be working alongside other design colleagues to provide network designs and processes to support new business initiatives. You will be responsible to drive the design changes across mobile network customer databases, HLR/HSS/UDC/EIR/AUC and the interfaces to northbound BSS provisioning systems. As part of a project team you will ensure designs are customer centric, of sound design and deliver to the needs of internal customer requirements. The role includes working with suppliers to specify requirements, review compliance statements, ensure use cases are designed for, and act as the single point of contact for platform and service design related issues for existing and new network elements.
· The role includes providing technical design expertise to support complex partner projects, liaison with commercial teams across the client and working to generate detailed vendor requirements and provide impact assessments of new projects on Voice Network Platforms.
· The role will be part of a team delivering network designs for core voice platforms and to support service designs using those platforms, including IMS and legacy mobile core voice network nodes and UDC platforms. You will have experience of working in a Tier 1 mobile network operator or network equipment supplier to Tier 1 mobile operators. You will have worked in the area of customer databases HLR/HSS/AUC/EIR/UDC/MNP applications, and have experience of the provisioning and charging requirements from BSS stack to enable these applications to integrate into the IMS core. It will be a requirement that you have knowledge of cloud based deployments of those applications. In addition it is expected that you have extensive knowledge of cellular networks and networking principles (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G& IMS) including supporting signalling systems C7, SIP, Diameter and MAP and the interfaces to other network domains, EPC, CS, IMS, BSS etc. You will also preferably have knowledge of technology in the standards arena and the understanding of traffic, switching and radio theory/principles.
· The role will require experience and proven track record in the production of multiple high and low level structural, functional and physical Application designs and planning in a mobile telecoms virtualised cloud environment, in order to integrate into the EPC and voice domains.
· You will be expected to produce end to end Technical feasibility solutions and high level designs for complex implementations, working with teams across multi-disciplined areas, such as service design, IP design, packet core design, IMS design and IT.
· You will work with project delivery teams and where appropriate ensure the project is delivering to the milestones for the application, of which you are design owner, to operational acceptance.
· You will work closely with the vendor and internal teams to define statements of requirements and identify the key performance metrics so the platform and or service can be managed by operational teams, you will also ensure all designs meet fraud and security requirements and liaise with vendors to ensure this is captured. As part of this you will drive vendor technical requirements for HLR/HSS/EIR/AUC/MNP/UDC. Reviewing detailed equipment specifications and responses from suppliers to ensure compliance to the clients requirements will also be a key part of the role.
· Your extensive knowledge will be used as a source of expertise to identify and solve design issues or impacts around HLR/HSS/AUC/EIR/MNP/UDC, through testing and initial deployment.
· You will have experience of network provisioning. Specifically around the implementation of, Voice core element provisioning for HLR/AUC, HSS, UDC ( IMS and IMS services ENUM), EIR and experience of REST interface for provisioning. It would be advantageous to have working knowledge of 5G standalone or standalone and experience of TLS 1.2 connectivity and mutual provisioning (non-authentication).
· You will need to demonstrate strong analytical skills and sound practical judgement and will need to understand complex and often conflicting requirements, to chart a course through to a satisfactory business solution. You will have to think innovatively and have the ability to continuously generate ideas for improving the clients customer experience.
· You will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with drive to succeed and you will have excellent communications skills with a proven ability to interface and explain detailed technical concepts and design principles. A strong collaborator who should be able to work with multi-disciplined internal teams across relevant areas of the business and external customers. You will often to be asked to work alone so strong self-discipline is a must in order to meet tight deadlines.
· A proactive approach and excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to communicate effectively with both the suppliers, internal customers and internal stakeholders whilst being able to manage vendor relationships technically.