General NRT requires support in the project management of several key programmes for the next 18 months.
In order to supplement NRT’s internal capabilities a Project Management service is required to support the following activities in the delivery of the National SCADA programme – Work package 5 telecoms connectivity, GSM-R and control centre voice provision and integration to the legacy operational voice estate.
· Manage project change throughout GRIP4-8 to ensure efficiencies are identified and realised.
· Monitor and manage the design and delivery elements of the projects against the baseline plan.
· Ensure NR safety standards are followed.
· Manage and help produce GRIP1-8 products including provision of evidence for Stage Gate Reviews Project Governance
· Scheduled reviews in line with the key deliverables and activities
· Application of Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation & Assessment as defined in NR/L2/RSE/100/02
· Weekly checkpoint reviews
· Review of any risks on a weekly basis
· Agree future actions & plans
· Review of skills, capabilities and training requirements
· Review inputs for Network Rail continuous service improvement plans
A lack of operational knowledge to facilitate the operational voice integration into the centralised SCADA solution needs to be addressed. Experience and knowledge of legacy voice telephony and new VOIP telephony is a requirement. Previous knowledge and management of these types of voice deliveries is also a critical requirement for this delivery.
The aim is to have a fully functioning SCADA system for all sites including full monitoring.
This activity is at GRIP 4-8 stages for 10 ECR electrical control room areas.
Approved scheme outline design, GRIP 5 detailed design production and approval. The milestone is for an inter disciplinary design review with the national SCADA programme design system integrator. GRIP 6 implementation - delivery of network solution. GRIP 7 migration and handover into operations.
Deploy the integrated voice solution in line with the national SCADA operational entry into service timelines.