Job Purpose :
To manage design resource to deliver new and existing telecoms solutions across Network Rail Telecoms estate, enforcing conformance to Network Rail’s policies, standards and safety / corporate objectives.
Key Accountabilities :
· Manage Network Design solutions and implementation plans whilst building effective relationships with customers delivering their business requirements.
· Manage Designers to develop relationships with all departments, suppliers and handle customer’s requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Manage compliance to CDM requirements, such as identification and mitigation of hazards through design, which could be influenced by the telecoms system driving safety by design
· Manage the production of Network Designs that adhere to schedule plans whilst maintaining a high level of quality and integrity through peer review processes.
· Manage the service offering and product catalogue, including implementation SLAs, to support customers in having a clear understanding of capabilities.
· Manage complex design requirements, customer issues, whilst educating others to the adherence of Network Designs within the organisation.
· Provide technical Tier 4 support to Network Rail on complex faults and network outages. Working with Suppliers to confirm that technical issues are controlled and where possible mitigated.
· Review the development of efficient and effective tools in support of Network Designs realising internal and external business benefit.
· Review the requirements of Network Operations to confirm existing and new services are operationally acceptable for transition into a live environment.
· Undertake the role of Designer/CRE/CEM in accordance with NR/L2/INI/02009.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications :
· Significant experience in the successful design and implementation of telecoms network in the telecoms and/or rail industries including WAN technologies such as IP/MPLS and TDM.
· Strong engineering/architecture network skills in relation to Network Design Engineering including HLD and LLD development.
· Significant telecoms experience across a range of technologies, particularly IP including IP telephony with knowledge of architecture, engineering, design and operational processes, and vendors’ equipment implementation and testing.
· Delivering high levels of customer service & satisfaction in rapidly changing and competitive telecoms environments.
· Development of appropriate telecoms business system support strategies.
· Knowledge of telecoms operational and business support systems / best practice supporting processes.
· Knowledge for business quality management principles and standards.
· Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a technical subject.
· Membership of an appropriate professional institution
· Network Certification (Cisco CCNA/NP, CCDA/DP, CCIE, Juniper JNCxx),
· Good understanding of LAN/WAN/SAN architecture
· Knowledge of telecoms business process frameworks (TOGAF and or ITIL)