Role : Technical Business Analyst
Location: Newbury, UK
Overall Job Purpose:
As a Technical Business Analyst you will have a good area of influence in driving an Agile culture from a Digital Business Analyst perspective. Advanced API experience will be required to analyse existing functionality for gaps, troubleshoot issues, verify delivered functionality or support deployment into an environment.You will be responsible for investigating the operational requirements, problems, and opportunities. You will seek effective business solutions through improvements, in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. You will be required to analyse and document processes and projects from business and technical standpoint. You will be work closely with Scrum Teams, Product Owners, Product Managers, Heads of, Delivery and Agile leads to understand problems and break down silos in order to build collaborative solutions.
Key Aspects: -
· Responsible for the delivery of analysis artefacts ingood Agile background working in Scrum/Kanban environment
· Analyse and create technical system documentation, including but not limited to Use Case, Sequence, Dataflow, Class, State Diagrams, etc.
Demonstrable knowledge of a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving. Has above average inter-personal skills and is confident in dealing with stakeholders and suppliers.
· Documents the system requirements and process flows (as-is and to-be) in the agreed format. Identifies organisational impact of proposed change initiatives
· Familiar with the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems. Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills.
· Good knowledge with analysis, modelling and design methods; has some knowledge of IT standards, applications and trends. Works with Architects and Vendors to ensure designs meet functional and non-functional requirements
· Is aware of the appropriate corporate data standards and has some knowledge and appreciation of the appropriate professional and/or legal data standards.
· Raises Project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies to the Business Owners in a timely manner, offering mitigating actions and taking ownership of individual items where appropriate
· Has an appreciation of the costs of IT (project and “lifetime”) and the ability to identify cost areas of operational IT services.
· Strong communications skill and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
· Understands the full product development cycle from idea to shipped product and is proficient with aspects of the processes used by Product Management.
· Estimates deliverables applicable to self and/or others robustly and realistically for planning purposes
· Point of escalation to troubleshoot functionality that may not be well documented
· Provide input into approaches to technical solutions being developed within our remit
· Troubleshoot incidents or functionality through browser tools, audit history, log files, etc.
· Responsible for ensuring the traceability of requirements to solutions at a Project / initiative level and for any delegated assignments.
· Has experience working in Waterfall, Agile, Small Change & Strategic Project environments
· Advanced SoapUI / ReadyAPI / Postman experience
· Experience reading log files and using browser tools to troubleshoot issues or identify behaviour
· Experience in Azure Devops/Jira / Confluence
Has a close link to wider industry practices and cloud technologies
· Supported and documented complex micro-service systems and processes
· Has coached others in the proficient use of structured requirements outputs, including use cases, business rules, business requirements (functional & non-functional), traceability matrices, user stories, features& epic definition.