Job Details :
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Role type: FTE (Fixed term employment)
1. Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience.
2. Excellent Knowledge and experience of working on Railway Telecoms radio systems, transmission systems, and construction relating to the delivery of passive infrastructure (e.g. fibre, power, cabinets, towers etc.).
3. An excellent practical understanding and experience of:
a. Engineering Management for Projects (NR/L2/INI/02009)
b. NR engineering standards (e.g. NR/L1/TEL/30100, NR/L2/ELP/27311, NR/L2/CIV/003 etc.);
c. Common Safety Method (NR/L2/RSE/100);
d. Health and Safety best practice as well as Construction Design Management (CDM) legislation (NR/L2/OHS/0047 and NR/L2/OHS/0044), and
e. Governance for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP, NR/L1/INI/PM/GRIP/100).
4. Demonstrable experience of managing the engineering activities on projects from inception through to end product.
5. Experience in managing ambiguity in a project environment with strong evaluation and decision-making skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills.
Strong supplier assurance skills.
Key technology area:
- Experience on Nokia’s SDH Network Management System OMS 1350
- Knowledge of Synchronous optical networking (SDH) protocol
- Strong Transmission equipment configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Network Management System suit i.e.: One Control, Preside, Site Manager, ENM, TNM
- Transmission Vendors certifications are a plus.
- Experience in designing Transmission Network solutions.