1. To perform work as allocated by Laboratory Manager / Supervisor to the high standards.
2. To inform Laboratory Manager / Supervisor of any doubts concerning ability to perform allocated tasks.
3. To inform Laboratory Manager / Supervisor of any problems encountered in processing samples in primary analysis.
4. To inform Laboratory Manager / Supervisor in advance if agreed deadlines for work completion are unlikely to be met.
5. To conform to all quality and safety systems.
6. To ensure samples are processed accurately and promptly on the day of receipt and assist with general laboratory duties as required without delay.
7. To ensure that additional stocks of media, reagents and consumables are placed on order when necessary.
8. Responsible to revolve around general maintenance, orderliness, and cleanliness in the organisation to ensure that facilities and equipment in the organisation are in good shape at all times and to ensure good hygiene in the work place, person diligently sees to it that trash and garbage waste are constantly taken out and recycled.
1. Responsible for samples labelling - to make sure correct ID goes to correct samples as described on requests form.
2. Segregation - to make sure samples are segregated referring to internal QC standards before placed to laboratory.
3. Transferring samples to designated laboratories within good timely manner for quick and smooth flowing of the samples.
4. Deliveries - helping with deliveries, to make sure all consumables are organised in the store, checked with the documentation and passed to manager.
5. General laboratory duties - helping within general maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness in organisation. Helping with general duties in the laboratory like: media preparation, sample preparation, waste processing.