The Laboratory Scientist will be part of the Laboratory Operations Team, focusing on supporting testing such as DNA isolation, Biobanking, Genotyping and Real-time PCR technologies and platforms. The position will support all aspects of laboratory operations and will collaborate with cross functional teams (internal and external) to generate the highest quality genotype data and ensure that all activities are conducted to the highest standard. This position will report directly to the Laboratory Manger.
Member of the Laboratory Operations team - duties to include:
- To support all activities related to DNA isolation, biobanking, genotyping and real-time PCR platforms and any other test activity maintained by the lab.
- To perform routine and specialist analytical testing on a range of biological samples.
- To analyze data and interpret results.
- To assist the sample receipt team with the accessioning of samples if required
- To process samples and complete test methods in the necessary timeframe to ensure that required turnaround times for reporting results are achieved.
- To independently identify and report non-confirming work to the line supervisor and support the necessary RCA and close out of incidents/CAPAS when required.
- To support and assist in the validation of all new tests methods.
- To assist in the maintenance of lab equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
- To communicate with clients to review and evaluate data if required.
- To accurately record data, write reports and share results.
- To support the lab's quality management system by ensuring that working practice is in line with ISO17025 standards and/or other relevant accreditations.
- To observe all relevant health and safety regulations.
- To assist in the supervision and mentoring of trainee scientists and other support staff when required.
- To take responsibility for your continuing professional development (CPD) by actively reviewing and participating in different projects for Continuing Professional Development, to be agreed by line manager.
- To participate in annual performance and development appraisals and agree on personal targets and objectives with line manager.