Job Title: Lean Expert
Location: Cork, Ireland
Type: Permanent role
Job Duties | Generic
· Responsible for the development and implementation of process mapping, background info, etc.
· Lean expert identifies areas suitable for onsite and offshore strategic partners.
· Drive continuous improvements in standardization via end2end optimization, lean, advanced technologies and digitization.
· Strong background in Lean business transformation experience in a corporate office environment, shared services experience is a plus.
· Proven track record in building a lean culture and a passion for Continuous Improvement.
· Ability to influence and lead the required change for a sustainable Lean transformation.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to train team members and senior leaders in lean practices and initiatives.
· Process Optimization and development experience.
· Ensures changes to products are developed and manufactured in accordance with applicable industry standards, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Conducts training workshops focused around Problem Solving & Lean thinking to new employees and various leaders throughout the organization.
· Supports leadership in the implementation and execution of different projects Onshore and offshore.
· Works closely with the process lead and functional leader to drive cross value chain E2E integration.
· Experience working with Daily Management and Problem Solving workshops in an office environment.
· Ability to motivate teams and encourage Lean thinking at all levels of the business.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines & to prioritize many conflicting and frequently changing priorities.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational qualification required to perform the job
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent degree of education and experience is preferred.
· Must be Certified Lean Advanced or preferably Lean Expert and/or Black Belt is highly preferred.
· Medical device experience.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills giving the ability to influence others at multiple levels in the organization.
· Strong problem solving/analytical skills using data; especially in a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
· Knowledge in Risk management and Change management process.
Experience in core building Lean culture or Operational Excellence or Business Excellence role will be an ideal fit.