- Expert in deploying automation configuration tools such as Chef, ansible and etc
- Expert in data center migration strategy and approach
- Working experience using migrations tools such as Platespin, Zerto, etc…
- Expert in High Availability concepts and configuration including failover/failback testing
- 8+ years of UNIX systems administration Experience, primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (versions 4 and 5)
- Red Hat cluster experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux virtualization technologies (Xen, VMware ESX)
- Experience using Kickstart for server builds
- Experience with setting up Oracle RAC ASM environments on Linux systems
- Expert in establishing best practices for security hardening
- Acts as UNIX systems architect in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
- Candidate should have good exposure in updating Servers firmware, BIOS and blade server’s hardware.
- Candidate should have good knowledge in Windows roles and features like AD, Group Policies, OU, FSMO, DNS, DHCP and file servers.
- Candidate should have good expertise in Windows Clustering implementation and troubleshooting of active-passive, single node/multi node clusters
- Candidate must have experience installing, Configuring, upgrading and Implementation of VMware Infrastructure.
- Candidate should have experience implementing of VMWare features like HA, DRS, Storage Policies, Affinity, Anti-Affinity Rules and Disk Provisioning.
- Candidate must have working experience performing VMWare V2V, P2V, vMotion, Storage vMotion, VM Site recovery and Cross VMware functionalities.
- Identifying & recommending cost-effective solutions and service optimization methods to enhance the productivity and reduce the manual efforts with the help of Scripting (PowerShell).
- Candidate should have practical experience in server migration tools and techniques such as Zerto, Double-Take, PlateSpin, Zerto, resync, ARS, SRM, etc.
- Candidate must have demonstrated strong post migration troubleshooting skills
- Effective leadership of interdisciplinary resources in architecture, implementation and problem determination.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of racking, iLO, iDRAC configuration, server OS Installation and Configuration on HP, Dell, IBM Servers.
- Basic understanding of Citrix, networking, databases, storage, security and monitoring systems.
- Strong communication skills in one on one discussions, conference calls, and emails.
· Sun Solaris and/or AIX experience
· Familiar with DevOps processes and tools will be added advantages.
· Experience with public, private, and hybrid cloud migration methodologies will be added advantages like VMware, Azure, AWS or GCP.
· Candidate should have good knowledge of racking, iLO, iDRAC configuration, server OS Installation and Configuration on HP, Dell, IBM Servers.
· Basic understanding of Citrix, networking, databases, storage, security and monitoring systems.
· Strong communication skills in one on one discussions, conference calls, and emails.
Basic Qualifications: (what are the skills required to this job with minimum years of experience on each)
- Typically requires 10-12 years relevant experience
- Graduate degree preferred.