Skills Provision Ltd
UK based recruitment company Skills Provision is proud to bring a new career opportunity for a capable Maintenance Fitter.
Based out of Fermoy, County Cork, Ireland this business is over 100 years old and as a result has become a first-class name in the timber processing industry.
The company is looking for someone who is well experienced and qualified with complicated machinery as the company currently operate one of the most sophisticated sawmills in Europe.
*Applicants must hold European Union Citizenship.
• €21.73 per hour
• Accommodation costs will be discussed with shortlisted candidates
• 9-month fixed term contract, with a view to the position becoming permanent subject to satisfactory performance
What does the role entail?
The job involves working on various heavy plant machinery and as a Maintenance Fitter, the primary goal is the ensure the factory has limited downtime through maintenance work.
The plant operates two shift patterns; of 5 days/5 evenings.
• Preventative maintenance and improvements to machinery
• Carry out repairs on the machines, considering the age of machines, time and spare part availability
• Manufacture and adapt spare parts where necessary e.g. milling and welding, MiG welding
• Maintenance on
o Motors and gearboxes (fractional horsepower up to 125 KW)
o Chain drives
o Hydraulic systems
o Pneumatic systems
o Mobile machines e.g. log handles and fork trucks
o Boilers and drying kilns
• Level 6 QQI Certification or equivalent
• Formal training and apprenticeship in Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting (MAMF)
• Additional qualifications such as health and safety, working at height etc. would be advantageous but not essential
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role and industry
• A wide range of skills inclusive of welding, fabrication, fitting etc.