Mobile Application Developer@ Glasgow, UK
Smartedge’s client is looking for Mobile Application Developer for long term contract based in Glasgow, UK
Ideal, candidate should have experience in Android, IOS, Java.
The role is for a senior software developer, working as part of the Glasgow Mobile Apps Software Development Team, developing Law Enforcement apps on iOS and Android platforms. This role is for a senior member of the team focusing on iOS applications, with significant commercial software development experience and skills.
The principal duties of the roles are:
- Participation, as a Senior Developer, in a Scrum team
- Providing technical leadership within Scrum team, mentoring junior members
- Designing, developing and implementing new software functionality.
- Fixing defects which are found with existing software
- Identifying and implementing appropriate unit testing.
- Writing technical documentation for software developed.
- Providing input into user interface design.
- Contributing to Scrum processes and ceremonies
These tasks require:
- Understanding the architecture and design of specific product suites.
- Being accountable for the architecture and design for complex, critical areas of development.
- Being accountable for the long term impact of architectural changes with respect to future adaptability and maintainability.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technologies in the market and quickly picking up new technologies as and when required.
- Investigating capabilities and functionality of systems and technologies our software interacts with.
- Understanding the Scrum framework, and contributing to the Scrum processes and ceremonies.
- Proven ability to work as part of an agile software development team - working in a constrained environment to very tight timescales.
- Technical leadership and mentoring of other developers.
- Proven ability to work in a relatively autonomous environment.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Analytical / problem solving abilities.
- Ability to critically review work done.
- Attention to detail.
- Academic and Technical Qualifications:
- A formal qualification (Degree) in Computing Science or equivalent experience with a high level of academic achievement.
- Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge
- Significant experience of development of complex mobile apps for iOS
- Significant demonstrated experience with industry best-practices, including Agile methodologies, test driven development and code reviews.
- Significant experience architecting, designing and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers.
- Significant experience with a range of the following core technologies:
- Previous experience working in Swift (2.x - 4.x). Designing, implementing and maintaining an iOS application codebase
- Familiarity with Core Data, UIKit and other Apple frameworks
- Standard Git workflow
- Jenkins/Fastlane or other similar CI systems
Working with RESTful API calls / Familiarity with JSON.
- Experience of the following technologies would also be of benefit
Knowledge of Objective C would be desirable
- Android development
- Programmatic Video capture and processing
Start Date: ASAP (notice period accepted for right candidate)
We have been asked to schedule the discussions this week, please share your updated CV and call for confidential chat.