Mobile Application developer @ Glasgow,Uk
Smartedge’s client is looking for Mobile Application developer for long term contract based in Glasgow,Uk
Ideal candidate should have experience in iOS applications, with significant commercial software development experience and skills.
The role is for a senior software developer, working as part of the Glasgow Mobile Apps Software Development Team, developing Law Enforcement apps on iOS and Android platforms. This role is for a senior member of the team focusing on iOS applications, with significant commercial software development experience and skills.
The principal duties of the roles are:
● Participation, as a Senior Developer, in a Scrum team
● Providing technical leadership within Scrum team, mentoring junior members
● Designing, developing and implementing new software functionality.
● Fixing defects which are found with existing software
● Identifying and implementing appropriate unit testing.
● Writing technical documentation for software developed.
● Providing input into user interface design.
● Contributing to Scrum processes and ceremonies
These tasks require:
● Understanding the architecture and design of specific product suites.
● Being accountable for the architecture and design for complex, critical areas of development.
● Being accountable for the long term impact of architectural changes with respect to future adaptability and maintainability.
● Keeping abreast of the latest technologies in the market and quickly picking up new technologies as and when required.
● Investigating capabilities and functionality of systems and technologies our software interacts with.
● Understanding the Scrum framework, and contributing to the Scrum processes and ceremonies.
● Proven ability to work as part of an agile software development team - working in a constrained environment to very tight timescales.
● Technical leadership and mentoring of other developers.
● Proven ability to work in a relatively autonomous environment.
● Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
● Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
● Analytical / problem solving abilities.
● Ability to critically review work done.
● Attention to detail.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
● A formal qualification (Degree) in Computing Science or equivalent experience with a high level of academic achievement.
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge
● Significant experience of development of complex mobile apps for iOS
● Significant demonstrated experience with industry best-practices, including Agile methodologies, test driven development and code reviews.
● Significant experience architecting, designing and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software.
● Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers.
● Significant experience with a range of the following core technologies:
o Previous experience working in Swift (2.x - 4.x). Designing, implementing and maintaining an iOS application codebase
o Familiarity with Core Data, UIKit and other Apple frameworks
o Standard Git workflow
o Jenkins/Fastlane or other similar CI systems
o Working with RESTful API calls / Familiarity with JSON.
● Experience of the following technologies would also be of benefit
o Knowledge of Objective C would be desirable
o Android development
o Programmatic Video capture and processing