Dublin Port, Co. Dublin
Our client has been the leading supplier to the Irish feed industry since 1839 and over almost two centuries, their commitment to quality and service provision has cemented their position as market leader. With expertise in logistics and international trading, their superior quality, value proposition and services has ensured they have stood the test of time and are now a cornerstone of their market.
They are now seeking an Operations Supervisor to join their team, working evening shifts, and take charge of our client’s weighbridge.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Defined contribution pension plan with excellent employer contribution
- HSF health plan including employee assistance
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Career development activities
- Social events during the year
- Mobile phone
- Free parking
If you are a proven manager or supervisor with a background in operations, agri-science or engineering, this is the ideal role in which to drive your career forward.
Joining this well-established company, you will discover a wealth of benefits, an outstanding team and real opportunities for personal and professional development, making for a rewarding and engaging role.
As the Operations Supervisor, you will take responsibility for the operation of our client’s Weighbridge whilst supporting the Operations Management Team in the running of the site.
You will co-ordinate customer loading and oversee the ship discharge, acting as the senior person on site as required. Managing technical and operational team members, you will also oversee the work of all contractors working on site.
Additionally, you will act as the key point of contact for all stakeholders such as other employees, customers, stevedores, the Dublin port company, and internal departments (such as logistics, trading and admin). You will also ensure that high housekeeping standards are maintained across the site.
Other organisations may call this role Operations Manager, Site Supervisor, Site Team Lead, Operations Team Leader, Weighbridge Supervisor, Weighbridge Site Supervisor, or Weighbridge Manager.
This is a full-time role, working evening shifts. Flexibility regarding working hours is required, as you may need to work up to midnight during ship discharge. However, these activities are usually performed between 2pm – 10pm.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as an Operations Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
To be considered as an Operations Supervisor, you will need:
- At least two years’ management or supervisory experience within an operations, agricultural science or engineering role within a large business unit
- People management experience
- A track record of managing change and driving continuous improvement
- Experience of implementing and monitoring policies including H&S, environment and quality
- An understanding of legislative requirements associated with H&S, environment and quality
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to analyse data, produce reports and maximise potential of business computer systems
- To be a logical thinker
- Engineering aptitude
- Excellent communication and relationships building skills
- Strong customer focus
- To be highly professional and commercially aware with a focus on KPIs and experience of delivering results to targeted level
- The ability to work flexible hours to accommodate vessel discharge requirements which includes weekend work and shift swapping when necessary
Knowledge of the agricultural sector would be highly desirable. A third level qualification in an operations, agriculture or engineering related discipline would also be an advantage.