Role: OSS-RC / ENM support and node migration
Location: Slough, UK
Type: Fixed Term with Altran
Details on required skills:
• On-site support should be provided between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Occasional support outside core hours required to support network element integration or deployment of fault resolutions.
• System Administration experience of both Ericsson OSS-RC and ENM
• Would have a good technical understanding of the OSS-RC/ENM network element integration toolset.
• Would need a working knowledge of FMX on both OSS-RC & ENM
• Would need to have Solaris & LINUX System administration experience.
• Would provide system administration Operational Support for ENM, as per Client’s Incident & Change management process.
• Using Ericsson recommended System Administration procedures and review of Linux Administration procedures, to ensure the operational status of the ENM platform is maintained.
• Ownership of the Operational Acceptance of new network element integration into ENM.
• The activation of network element performance counters from the ENM system. When requested the support service should assess the impact of activating the requested counters on the network element and ENM.
• ENM Platform Performance Monitoring – performance monitoring solution needs to be maintained for all live.
• Capacity Management. As part of the performance monitoring any capacity issues should be proactively resolved by the support service in accordance with the client's Change Management process. Where this is not possible the issues should be highlighted to client's Operational support manager and design authorities.
• Performance Management. As part of the performance monitoring any performance issues should be proactively resolved by the support service in accordance with the client's change management process. Where this is not possible the issues should be highlighted to client's Operational support manager and design authorities.
• Ownership of Customisation / Deviation Support. Client has a number of customisations implemented on the ENM. These customisations are currently documented and should be fully supported. This support includes any modifications required to maintain current operation during normal operations, additions during project integrations and review in the event of an ENM upgrade.
• Provide updates on ENM operational status: System Reporting. Support Service are required to produce written daily / weekly / monthly reports to the client's Operational support manager.
• Maintenance and Execution of the Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity solution in the event of a failure. The failure that triggers this does not have to be a failure within the ENM itself.
• Ownership and maintenance of client's specific ENM works instructions and process such as ENM specific areas of node integration.
• Bi-Weekly review of open CSR’s with vendor and client's Operational Support Manager.
• Regular attendance of Project meetings
• Security administration (to include user administration) support where required for ENM network element integration. Written records will be maintained for all security based tasks.
• Ability to analyse detailed technical documentation in order to derive Test Strategy and write associated Test Plans, Test Criteria’s and Test Exit’s that match the scope and level of risk agreed with our customers.
• An ability to critique Method of Procedure documents to ensure they meets the requirements of client's Design and Operations
• must be able to Work independently receiving minimal guidance & direction and It may be necessary to manage upgrades which could involve testing outside normal hours
• Support of the platform under test needs to be proactive taking responsibility of issues and solving complex problems in and around the Test Environments and demonstrate tenacity to see them to resolution.