PA to the Chief Executive
NCRC has been in existence for over 50 years and is situated on the grounds of CHI at Crumlin (formerly Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin). It has been a key enabler of paediatric research in Ireland through throughout its existence.
NCRC’s mission is to support internationally competitive, high quality pediatric research that has a real and lasting impact on child health.
The NCRC funds research into childhood disease and has a national and international reputation for the high quality of the research it funds. The NCRC is itself funded by the CMRF Crumlin.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the PA supports the operations of the NCRC, the CEO, the Board, its sub committees and the Management team in a number of different areas. This may include administrative and project support to the CEO and Management team. Detailed and complex diary Management for the CEO. Travel planning, meeting support, event planning for the CEO and Management Team. Also, the management of the production and distribution of internal papers. (Agendas, minutes, actions etc.) This is an extremely busy role and the successful candidate must have the highest levels of time management and organisation skills. The successful candidate must also be extremely flexible with their working time so that they can support the CEO in their extremely busy and demanding role.
1. PA Support to the CEO/Management Team.
- Provide an efficient administrative support to the CEO .
- Full and detailed Management of the CEO’s diary on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Email monitoring and ensure timely actions.
- Managing document archiving and storage process.
- Provide efficient administration support when required to the Senior Managers.
- Devise and maintain an efficient filing system for CEO and other managers .
- Set up and manage dropbox function for the Chief Executive.
- Work collaboratively with other administration staff in the NCRC in the support of the CEO and Senior Management Team.
- Support when requested the update of the database of all grant awards.
- Organization of travel for national and international meetings for both the CEO and Managers in the NCRC.
- Support the Coordination of the NCRC Board, its Sub Committee Meetings. Preparation of documentation reports and attendance lists.
- Prompting of relevant parties including Senior Management Team for reports and other requirements sufficiently in advance of any relevant NCRC Meetings including Board Meetings.
- Minute taking at meetings as requested,and circulating these to the relevant parties once completed.
- Scheduling of meetings for the CEO and Senior Management Team including room bookings, liaising with outside organisations to organise dates and venues when required.
- Managing the set up and smooth running of meetings.
2. Committees and Boards
- Attend CEO & Senior Management Team meetings as requested.
- Set up of equipment and refreshments for meetings as requested.
- Support the CEO/Management team in the preparation of any documentation required for any meetings involving the Committees or Board.
3. Organisational/Operational Support
· Organise and attend meetings when requested by the CEO, taking minutes and noting points where agreed. Ensure that the CEO is well briefed for meetings when requested.
· Support CEO in prioritising daily/weekly/monthly meeting requests and keep abreast of the CEO’s movements.
· Work closely with the Management Team in the NCRC on any ad-hoc projects or requests which needs the support of the CEO PA.
· Full IT support for CEO including Excel, Word, Dropbox and PowerPoint.
· Handle all confidential documents and maintain strict confidentiality throughout as per GDPR requirements.
4. Administrative Support
· To be the first point of contact for all enquiries related to the CEO or Management Team, ensuring that they are acted upon efficiently and to a high standard.
· To work closely with the other administrative staff within the NCRC to ensure that they are provided with the necessary details required to support the CEO in the absence of the PA. (Days off, sickness, annual leave etc.)
· To undertake the necessary preparation for meetings i.e. preparing background material and ensure that all project files are kept up to date.
5. Customer Service
· To meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority attending meetings involving the CEO and provide them with refreshments as and when required.
· To undertake any other duties which are consistent with the basic objectives and or/ duties of the post.
· Excellent organisation and multitasking skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· High level of competency in I.T including Microsoft Office Suite is a requirement
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Dynamic team player with the ability to work independently
· Readiness and ability to learn new skills as required by the position
· Attention to detail
· Strong numerical skills
· Team worker
· Great communicator
· Problem solver
· Good work ethic
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Time Management
· Tact and Diplomacy
· Have a positive and have a “Can Do” attitude.
· Be extremely efficient.
· Be able to take clear direction.
· Be extremely self-motivated.
· To multitask and prioritise your day during busy work periods.
All applicants must have the right to work in Ireland.
Closing date for applications is the 19th of July 2019.