A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Peer Mentor Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract 18 months, 36 hours
The PM coordinator will be required to promote programme participation amongst 1st year students of TU Dublin Blanchardstown, organise and co-ordinate meetings, as well as collect and present data to TU Dublin, Blanchardstown and National Learning Network. The PM Coordinator will report to and work in close collaboration with the NLN Educational Psychologists and with the relevant TU Dublin, Blanchardstown staff. The post is suitable for a graduate with a Degree in Event Management, Business, Marketing, or Psychology or other relevant area, who enjoys working with and who can relate well to third level students and academic staff.
Minimum Education & Skills required
· Primary Degree
- Relevant experience working with students and staff in third level education
- Able to work successfully in a team environment in person and with remote colleagues, building effective working relationships
- Knowledge of issues of consent and confidentiality, respect for the privacy of students, and relevant data protection issues
- An understanding of the needs of students transitioning from second to third level and the likely challenges and barriers faced by many first year students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Liaise with academic and administrative staff at TU Dublin Blanchardstown, and with Peer Mentoring Resources who is the external consultant for the programme
· Collate quantitative and qualitative data in relation to evaluation of the programme and disseminate results both internally in TU Dublin Blanchardstown and externally at relevant conferences
· Organise and facilitate meetings with the “Academic Contacts” who are a group of academic staff in TU Dublin Blanchardstown that are involved in the programme.
· Assist in promoting the programme to participating first year students during induction. Create promotional material including emails and social media posts to be disseminated by administration staff in TU Dublin, Blanchardstown
· Assist with online Zoom training for mentors. Organise and facilitate short ‘catch-up’ training for those mentors who cannot attend the training session
- Good organisational and time management skills
· The ability to develop positive partnerships, both internally and externally
- High degree of efficiency and attention to detail
· Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 24 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
Closing Date: 19.01.2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer