Playworker required for Linda's Creche and Montessori School.
Full time permanent position.
We are seeking a Playworker to plan, organize and supervises play and encourage the development of physical, social and language skills of those attending Linda's Creche and Montessori School.
You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and engaging play environment, also aiming to use play to help support development. You will plan activities to support emotional and social development with play, as well as supporting other specific development goals in the setting.
Linda’s offers a range of group activities which are delivered through a language enriched environment.
As our Playworker you will work alongside our existing service delivery providers to integrate play into the children’s daily learning activities.
You will organise, plan and take part in play and leisure activities for our children. You will also care for and supervise the children, making sure that they are safe and happy.
Your role as a Playworker is to guide and support play, making sure that it is fun, creative and safe.
You will provide stimulating play opportunities to encourage children to learn, develop and express themselves.
You will also have to set up and look after materials and resources, and make sure children are safely and comfortably equipped to do an activity.
This is not a nursery or nursery assistant role.
It is a specific Playworker role tailored to the specific needs and situation of the children who use our services.
Playworkers play a key role in settings for children of all ages, especially younger children. There are many studies which help us understand the hugely important role that play has in children's development. It helps them with social and emotional skills, as well as supporting cognitive development. Through play, children can practise skills like problem-solving and exercise their imaginations. These mental practices strengthen brain development, building strong pathways and associations that help children far into adulthood.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
· Help provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed at Linda’s;
· Give support to other personnel within Linda’s connected to children’s care;
· To provide a caring, secure environment, through individual attention and group activities, and to organise appropriate range of leisure activities for children
· Be responsible for the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of the children
- Provide and set up play areas, materials and equipment.
- Talk to children about their concerns or worries and make reports.
- Deal with injuries and emergencies.
- Build relationships with parents, carers, and professionals where needed.
- Help develop the language and social skills of children at Linda’s during play.
Requirements for this position of Playworker include:
· Paediatric First Aid trained or certified
· Work experience and references from positions of working with children
· Confirmed Eligibility to Practice from the Dept of Children and Youth Affairs
· Certifications / education in areas of Play and Child Psychology
· Qualifications in the area of language development
Salary per annum, Euro 30,000
39 hours per week. Full time permanent position.
Location of job: Linda's Creche and Montessori School, St Joseph’s, Beaverstown Road, Donabate Co. Dublin
For further details please email cv to Natasha Singh firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the above address.