A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Programme Facilitator to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Fixed Term Contract 10 Months – 39 hours
As part of a professional team and progressive service, the role supports individuals with complex needs to achieve and maintain valued roles in their community through learning, social and recreational opportunities.
Working in accordance with the values of Supported Self-Directed Living while implementing the core values of New Directions the post-holder will facilitate individuals in their programmes, passionately supporting their educational, developmental, recreational and occupational activities.
The role requires the investigation of new opportunities and the requirement to advocate in the best interest of the people in the care, service and support of the Rehab Group.
Minimum Education & Skills required
· Minimum QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent.
· Experience supporting adults with Autism, an intellectual disability and people enduring mental health issues
· 1 year minimum experience of working in a relevant Setting with the experience of facilitating and implementing person-centred plans
· Good knowledge of New Directions and community based programmes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records
· To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process. To identify goals and supports required by individual service users and maintain records as required.
· To support individuals and groups in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programmes Supervisor / Community Services Manager.
· To observe all rules and regulations of the RehabCare services ensuring that all relevant Rehab Group administrative rules, regulations policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
· Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
· Programme facilitation skills an advantage
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Full driving license is essential.
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 27 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Sunday, 10th January 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer