A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Programme Facilitator to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Douglas Resource Centre,
Permanent Contract, 35 hours
To promote and support independent living and community integration. To facilitate in the educational, developmental, recreational and occupational programmes and activities of the service, as appropriate. Programmes will be designed to match the service user’s needs and capabilities while allowing him/her to develop his/her full potential and will be implemented at an appropriate time and setting in order to give maximum support.
Minimum Education & Skills required
· Minimum QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent.
· Good knowledge of New Directions
· Knowledge and ability to manage behaviors that challenge
· 2 Years of experience of supporting people with intellectual or physical disabilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records
· To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process. To identify goals and supports required by individual service users and maintain records as required.
· To Work as part of a team ensuring good communication within the team and with external agencies and families and maintaining the relevant records
· To observe all rules and regulations of the RehabCare services ensuring that all relevant Rehab Group administrative rules, regulations policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
· Will be required to have responsibility to handle and record the Petty Cash and Service Users Personal Finances.
· Must be able to work in a busy environment and be flexible in order to manage emergency situations
· Must be able to use IT systems
· Must have full drivers licence, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
· Must have experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour.
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 27 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Sunday, 19th January 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer