A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Programme Supervisor to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your upmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
New Visions Day Service
Dundalk, Co Louth
Fixed Term Contract – 6 months, 39 hours
The purpose of the job is to promote and support young person’s personal growth with a focus on community integration, positive relationship building, understanding your rights and responsibilities as an adult and exploring Service User’s own potential for a bright future. To support the staff team in their daily duties and responsibilities and ensure all policies and procedures including best practice and duty of care are being exercised. To assist the Community Services Manager in the development, implementation and delivery of quality customer focused and cost effective community services to service-users. This includes the provision of individual and group programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users, and an active contribution towards the involvement of RehabCare in the expansion of this service
Minimum Education & Skills required
· A Third level graduate, health and social care equivalent
· Experience of working with adults with a range of disabilities
· Well-developed people management skills, with proven experience of building, leading and motivating a team.
· Ability to manage behaviours that cause concern.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Building community capacity with a view to develop more inclusive communities
· Build trusting relationships and communication with service users, facilitating them to identify their goals, strengths and needs.
· To advocate on behalf of and support self-advocacy for service users in a number of settings, including, with family, HSE, community groups etc.
· Facilitate the continual review of service user progress
· Full, driving licence is essential.
· Responsibility to support a staff team with their daily actions and development and progression as a Social Care Practitioner.
· Responsibility to support CSM with managing a service budget and being responsible regarding procurement. .
· Company Pension Scheme
· Paid maternity leave
· Paid paternity leave
· 27 days annual leave
· Bike to work scheme
· Tax saver travel scheme
· Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Sunday, 3rd January 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer