Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Quality Director for our client based in Cork.
Quality Director will need to ensure the effective management of the Company Quality System to ensure that product conforms to customer specification and Manage the Department to ensure a highly motivated, trained and developed staff that is capable of achieving the Department’s business objectives.
Responsibilities of Quality Director
- Management Representative for Quality Issues
- Set Quality objectives for plant in line with corporate goals
- Manage plant wide quality metrics in accordance with corporate standards
- Drive plant quality strategy in line with plant and corporate goals
- Ensure the retention of quality standards such as ISO13485, FDA (QSR), ISO14001, ISO9000:2008, TL9000, through plant wide compliance with procedures and systems
- Manage customer interface on quality issues
- Drive Continuous Improvement Programs within the organisation at both a product quality and plant systems level.
- Ensure investigation of problems to root cause and implementation of closed Loop corrective and preventive actions to prevent possibility of a re-occurrence.
- Hold timely Management Reviews in accordance with the requirements of the QMS
- Ensure an Internal audit plan is developed and complied with.
- Manage the quality team to ensure a high level of staff morale through the implementation of effective hiring, training and development, performance management systems as well as compliance with industrial relations legislation such as, Unfair Dismissals Act, Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, Organisation of Working Time Act, Employment Equality Act including bullying and sexual harrasment as well as fair and consistent application of tretment across all levels.
- Ensure resources in place to support requirements of the QMS at all times.
The Quality Director or designate has the authority to:-
- Stop production or shipment of non-conforming products.
- Stop production or other activity which is not lead according to requirements set by the QMS.
- Release production and products after a production stop.
- Approve internal temporary deviations.
- Approve release temporary deviations approved by customer
- Yield Levels from process
- Core plant metrics
- Customer complaints
- Effectiveness of corrective action programmes.
- Management Reviews
Requirements for role of Quality Director
- A minimum of a primary degree in Electronic Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Assurance.
- A background in Medical Device Manufacturing would be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in management within a high volume electronics manufacturing environment, preferably within an EMS organisation.
- Certification through Regulatory Affairs Professional Society would be an advantage together with a knowledge of the FDA QSR (GMP).
- Must be an excellent communicator with effective leadership and influencing skills