In this role, the candidate will be responsible for Studying, Analyzing and Recommending technical solutions and product options pertaining to:
- Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Baseband (BB), Modem & Digital Signal Processing (DSP) operations
- Radio Frequency (RF) & Photonics
- Frequency Down & Up conversions
- Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) operations
Key Responsibilities include:
• Study and Analyze waveform and signal processing aspects of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Radio/Modem products and associated communications systems.
• Study and Analyze the Ka band block down converter to L band or Direct IQ / Zero IF (No Intermediate Frequency) band modems
• Understand the specification/requirements and evaluate & test SDR solutions, RF and DSP solutions associated to SATCOM systems
• Diagnose hardware, firmware and software operation & efficiency in the laboratory/simulation environment, if needed
• Requirement gathering, evaluating technical solutions & products, Identifying risk, Preparation of technical reports & Case study – in a sensitive & time-bound environment
JOB KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Degree in Electrical/Electronics & Comm or other relevant engineering field.
• 8+ years of experience in related fields
• Mandatory design experience in SATCOM systems
• Design experience pertaining to SDR & RF and Zero IF (ZIF) / Direct I/Q designs
• Design experience in Modem, Baseband systems and in Ka band & L band frequency operations (e.g. receiver design for mm wave)
• Knowledge on Photonics & BLOS wave propagation & communication techniques
• Knowledge on Waveforms with LPx & anti-jam properties would be of interest
• Strong math & analytical skills
Good to have,
• Working knowledge of formal system engineering methods and signal processing tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, Octave or Python based tools.
• Familiarity with modern test equipment, vector signal analyzers, signal generators, spectrometers etc.
• Some knowledge of high-speed A/D and D/A, System-on-chip Transceivers & FPGA's
• Prior experience in RF converters
In order to be successful in this role, the following competencies and behavior skills are required:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Focus on customer satisfaction.
• Methodical problem solving and debugging skills.
• Good organizational skills e.g. time management and balancing priorities.
• Exceptional self-motivation and self-management skills, ability to work diligently.
• Demonstrated successful performance in a dynamic, multi-task environment
• Ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve meaningful results in time-bound manner