· Design, maintain and improve quality, performance, scalability and availability of 24X7 production and internal environments.
· Proactively monitor services and respond to and troubleshoot issues.
· Escalate problems (when required) to appropriate team members.
· Maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of the customer environments.
· Work closely with rest of the Operations team members across geographical boundaries and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
· Identify opportunities to implement automation and carry through on implementation.
· Plan and perform scheduled maintenance and product upgrades (during and after-hours) on rotation basis.
· Build/support CI/CD pipelines. Deploy new versions of software.
· Work in scheduled on-call rotation.
· Author and contribute to Infrastructure Documentation and Knowledgebase.
· Implement information security management systems and compliance controls
· Stay current with latest technical and security breakthroughs and vulnerabilities and industry best practices.
· Implement, test and operate advanced security techniques in compliance with industry best practices.
· Develop and manage an information security strategy for products and processes.
· Design security controls with the Cloud shared responsibility model and global infrastructure.
· Design identity/access management and governance controls.
· Design protection of Data at Rest and in Flight, and Network Perimeter controls.
· Implement and manage automated network security, application security, auditing and validation.
· Counsel your colleagues on information security practices.
· Leverage attack tools to test for vulnerabilities.
· Gain a thorough knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to exploit software.
· Research/identify flaws and remedy mistakes.
· Partner with Corporate Informatics Security (CIS) teams to share ideas and implement corporate requirements.
· Work with software and operations teams to align security practices across solutions delivered to customers.
Education / Experience
· An experienced position focusing on designing and implementing features
· Typically, a graduate with a BS degree (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field), or four years of related experience
· 7 years of professional experience with the tools and technologies required for the role
· Development tools, programming languages and application frameworks
· Agile methodologies, the software development life cycle
· Commitment to Continuous Learning
· Willing and able to stay informed on industry trends
· Experience running medium to large scale multi-tier distributed systems with Linux/Unix, Windows OS, Kubernetes, VMWare, Apache Tomcat and Java
· Compute, Cloud & Network: Architecting and Automating Software Integrations and Delivery in the Cloud; Linux; Virtualization; Containers; Kubernetes; Cloud Platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud); System Design; Network fundamentals, Network Security, Network Virtualization; Network Architectures; Governance and Change Management; Highly Available 24x7x365 operations experience; DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering; Agile methodologies; scripting and infrastructure as code, python.
· Software Architecture: Knowledge and experience of multi-tier HA modern applications; SOA; Microservices; API/Web services
· CI/CD: Build/Test/Deployment Automation; Jenkins, Azure DevOps; Git; CloudFormation, Terraform; Deployment Architecture
· Security: Security Operations and Automation; Industry standards and compliance, e.g., HIPAA, SOC, ISO, GxP, GDPR, CCPA, etc.; Security Best Practices; Encryption, Authentication/authorization, Integrity; Tools: vulnerability scans, penetration testing; IDS/IPS, WAF; OWASP
· Databases: DB Administration, Finetuning, Management; Knowledge of DB Models, Highly Available DB Architectures and Design
· Knowledge of agile software development and release management processes
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Systematic approach to problem solving and strong sense of ownership
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Certifications: Cloud Certification (AWS, Azure, Google), Project Management Certification (PMP, Certified Scrum Master), Security/Compliance (CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, CISM), Kubernetes
· Programming: Scripting, Python, Perl, Infrastructure as Code, Java, Groovy, Go.
· Experience with compliance and regulatory programs Service Organization Controls (SOC), HIPAA, NIST, FISMA.
· Informatics experience with LIMS and other related software packages is high desirable
· Open to working flexible hours.
· Work Environment
· In-person and online meeting collaboration
· Requires flexibility to work across multiple time zones