Job Details :
Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Piccadilly Circus, London
Type: Fixed Term contract
monitoring alarms in the system (so should have experience with any monitoring tools, like nagios etc).
Triaging the defects received from the customers - so should have an aptitude to learn the application quickly to identify where the issue could be. This also requires slightly distributed (even though shallow) knowledge of multiple type of applications (payment gateways or applications, web services etc), deployment scenarios (production, testing etc). This requires work experience in using defect monitoring systems, like Clearquest, JIRA etc.
Excellent communication skills are required to discuss different issues with different stake holders.
In general while interviewing we focus primarily on whether the candidate is able to understand the problem, and how he/she proceeds to investigate (basic investigation), current understanding of the project to ascertain understanding capability.
Do you have a passion for ensuring a great customer experience behind the scenes? This is an incredible opportunity to work with the engineering teams that manage the servers that power.
We operate as part of the wider global team that manage the payment server-side operations and partner integrations. Working with us will provide a valuable learning experience in the work that goes on behind the scenes in ensuring a great experience for our every customer.
For this position, you will:
· Triage, troubleshoot & resolve front line production support alerts and tickets.
· Monitor high traffic systems including applications, containers, middleware, physical hardware & databases.
· Have a systematic, test and measure approach to continually improving operations
· Understand Web Service API’s, Internet architecture, and software development.
· Help our teams ensure the quality of our customer experience.
· Work closely with third parties, interacting with many of our payment gateway partners, such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express to resolve platform issues
· Be a confident communicator, leading telephone or video call’s with internal teams & external partners
· Supporting new payment projects when launched
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems in a high paced environment
· Experience with one or more monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Grafana, Kibana, New Relic etc. highly preferred
· An exceptionally high level of attention to detail
· Self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Experience in some form of coding or scripting (i.e. one or more of Python/Ansible/Go/Bash/Ruby) will be an advantage but not mandatory
· Experience automating manual tasks preferred
· Knowledge of version control tools such as GitHub and SVN will be useful
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Most importantly, a passion for ensuring our customers always get the very best possible experience
Well organised, learning on the fly, self-development, problem solving, functional/technical skills