Sr. Android Developer @ Glasgow, UK
Smartedge’s client is looking for Sr. Android Developer for contract based in Glasgow, UK
Ideal, candidate should have Knowledge of Sr. Android Developer
The principal duties of the roles are:
● Participation, as a Senior Developer, in a Scrum team
● Providing technical leadership within Scrum team, mentoring junior members
● Designing, developing and implementing new software functionality.
● Fixing defects which are found with existing software
● Identifying and implementing appropriate unit testing.
● Writing technical documentation for software developed.
● Providing input into user interface design.
● Contributing to Scrum processes and ceremonies
These tasks require:
● Understanding the architecture and design of specific product suites.
● Being accountable for the architecture and design for complex, critical areas of development.
● Being accountable for the long term impact of architectural changes with respect to future adaptability and maintainability.
● Keeping abreast of the latest technologies in the market and quickly picking up new technologies as and when required.
● Investigating capabilities and functionality of systems and technologies our software interacts with.
● Understanding the Scrum framework, and contributing to the Scrum processes and ceremonies.
● Proven ability to work as part of an agile software development team - working in a constrained environment to very tight timescales.
● Technical leadership and mentoring of other developers.
● Proven ability to work in a relatively autonomous environment.
● Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
● Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
● Analytical / problem solving abilities.
● Ability to critically review work done.
● Attention to detail.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
● A formal qualification (Degree) in Computing Science or equivalent experience with a high level of academic achievement.
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge
- Significant experience of development of complex mobile apps for Android
- Significant demonstrated experience with industry best-practices, including Agile methodologies, test driven development and code reviews.
- Significant experience architecting, designing and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers.
- Significant experience working in Java and the Android SDK. Designing, implementing and maintaining an Android application codebase
- Familiarity with Gson, Retrofit, OkHttp and/or other mechanisms used for Restful API calls and JSON binding
- Significant experience in building efficient Android user interfaces to a specification
- Experience with standard Git workflow
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI systems
Experience of the following technologies would also be of benefit
- iOS development
- Programmatic Video capture and processing
Start Date: ASAP (notice period accepted for right candidate)
We have been asked to schedule the discussions this week, please share your updated CV(firstname.lastname@example.org)and call(+44(0)2035002116) for confidential chat.